Cumin-Crusted Lamb Chops with Herb Salad and Date-Nut Relish
A quick and easy main course salad for two. Simple enough for a weeknight dinner, but elegant enough for entertaining (the recipe doubles easily). To serve alongside, toast some naan or pita over a gas flame, turning with tongs, until heated through and blackened in spots.
- 1 3/4 teaspoons cumin seeds
- ½ cup sliced pitted Deglet Noor or other dates
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts or very coarsely chopped pistachios
- 4 to 6 lamb rib chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cups lightly packed herb salad mix
- 2 tablespoons coarsely crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Coarsely crack cumin seeds with mortar and pestle. Mix dates, onion, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, lemon peel and ¾ teaspoon cumin in small bowl. Mix in nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle lamb on both sides with remaining cumin, and salt and pepper, pressing to adhere. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to plate.
- Mix balsamic, honey and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in medium bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add greens to dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad between 2 plates; sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Arrange lamb atop salad. Spoon date relish over lamb and serve.
Bruce Aidells will be at Lambert Bridge winery, Saturday April 10.
For more information, visit www.lambertbridge.com
RSVP to: Colleen at Colleen@LambertBridge.com
Making Sausage with Bruce Aidells
Saturday April 10 12-3 p.m.
$90 per person; $60 Liquid Assets Club
As a special guest, Mr. Franco Dunn, founding Owner & Chef of Santi Restaurant in Geyserville, will be joining Bruce to bring you the ultimate sausage making experience! Sample their savory creations paired with Lambert Bridge wines at a seated lunch in our gardens adjacent to the Al fresco kitchen!
The ticket includes the culinary demo, a sit down lunch with Bruce, beautifully paired Lambert Bridge wine, PLUS a take-home signed cookbook by Bruce Aidells, and a jar of his "Bruce's Rub" made exclusively for Lambert Bridge! At this price, this is one event you will regret not taking advantage of!