Egg white burrito, pulled chicken, black beans, pico de gallo, queso fresco, avocado
By Chef Janine Falvo
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 egg whites, whipped with a fork
- Two legs and two thighs of chicken, meat removed
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ¼ cup queso fresco, shredded
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Warm beans and chicken, both can be combined to save time and a pan.
- In a non-stick pan heat up canola oil, when oil is thin add egg whites and stir with a rubber spatula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas in a 400° oven for three minutes.
- Remove warm tortilla, spread sour cream on tortilla, add egg whites, chicken, beans, pico de gallo, sliced avocado, and cilantro. Squeeze lime on burrito stuffing. Roll burrito by folding sides in first and then roll lengthwise.
- Enjoy with corn salad, mixed greens or tomatoes.
The Carneros Bistro, The Lodge at Sonoma