May 2010 | April 2010 | March 2010 | February 2010 | January 2010 | December 2009 | November 2009 | October 2009 | September 2009 | August 2009 | July 2009 | June 2009 | May 2009 | April 2009 | March 2009 | February 2009 | January 2009 | December 2008 | November 2008 | October 2008 | September 2008 | August 2008 | July 2008 | June 2008 | May 2008 | Apr 2008 | Mar 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Dec 2007
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
- Chris Byrne | director of content for Time To Play
Topic: New hot toys for your kids
- Bob Pritikin | curator and collector
Topic: Behind the scenes look at the Pritikin Museum
- Anthony "Nash" Cognetti | executive chef of Tra Vigne
Topic: Classic Roman-style rigatoni alla carbonara
- Susan Safapour | editor, Diablo Magazine
Topic: The Best of the East Bay revealed
- Neil Fiore | PhD and author, "Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self Sabotage"
Topic: How to discover your strongest self
- Heidi Gibson | owner of The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen, Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Topic: Gourmet grilled cheese sandwich
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- Julie Upton | registered dietitian and communications expert specializing in nutrition, fitness and health
Topic: Healthy snacks for your kids
- Peter Katz | managing partner, The Counter
Topic: Delicious 'Counter' veggie burgers
- Elizabeth Somer, M.A., R.D. | registered dietitian and regular contributor to the "Today Show," Shape and Prevention
Topic: Five secrets to age-proof your body
- Nick Smith
Topic: Calder to Warhol' on display at SFMOMA
- Andrea Immer Robinson | wine educator and master sommelier
Topic: Unusual pairings -- wine and popcorn!
- Banks White | Head chef of FIVE restaurant in Berkeley
Topic: Crab fritters with heirloom tomato and summer corn salad
Monday, June 28, 2010
- Alyssa Rapp | founder & CEO, Bottlenotes.com
Topic: Perfect barbeque wines
- Jeremy Blaringhem | chef, Le Garage Bistro
Topic: A new way to cook tuna
- Dr. Kathy Fields | dermatologist
Topic: How to deal with hormonal effects on your skin
- Catherine Zeigler
Topic: Make over your pantry with healthy foods
- Mathias Dubois and Frederic Malle
Topic: Find the perfect perfume scent
- Craig Vercruysse and Alison Bailey Vercruysse | founder, 18 Rabbits
Topic: Strawberry cashew cream cake
Friday, June 25, 2010
- Hutch Dano & Adam Hicks | stars of "Zeke & Luther"
Topic: Stars of 'Zeke & Luther' stop by VFTB
- Brad Day | Publisher of WeekendSherpa.com
Topic: A hidden gem in the shadow of the Golden Gate
- Andie Calabretta | owner, "Barn Tours" and April Mitchell | Alameda County Fair
Topic: Meet cute baby farm animals!
- Druthi Ghanta | 2010 ABC7 Top Scholar
Topic: ABC7 Top Scholar: Druthi Ghanta
- Kristin C. Harad | Certified Financial Planner
Topic: Shape up your finances for summer
- Ana Homayoun | Author of "That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week"
Topic: Summer activities to engage your kids
- Janine Falvo | Chef de Cuisine of Carneros Bistro & Wine Bar
Topic: Breakfast for dinner: Egg white burrito
Topic: Last-minute weekend events
Thursday, June 24, 2010
- Nurse Barbara Dehn | Nursebarb.com
Topic: Increasing intimacy with your partner
- Bruce Aidells and Guest Chef Barbara Lynch
Topic: Easy and delicious homemade pasta
- Aniela and Jerzy Gregorek | Co-authors of "The Happy Body: The Simple Science of Nutrition, Exercise, and Relaxation"
Topic: Dinner for breakfast? Try these pancakes
- Katie Tamony | VP and Editor-In-Chief of Sunset Magazine
Topic: Refresh your home's look on a budget
- Sally James | Australian Chef, Author and Educator
Topic: Dinner for breakfast? A savory omelet
- Charles J. Orlando | Author of "The Problem with Women is Men"
Topic: How to beat the divorce odds
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
- Mahisha Dellinger | Founder and CEO of CURLS
Topic: How to keep your curls beautiful
- Lisa Van Cleef | marketing director for San Francisco Botanical Garden
Topic: Share your garden with other gardeners
- Linda Lee | Founder and Owner of Ask Me PC Web Design
Topic: Start and manage your own blog
- Staness Jonekos |Author of "The Menopause Makeover"
Topic: The menopause makeover 8-step plan
- John and Trisha Parker | co-authors of "The Best Years of Our Lives"
Topic: The secret to an active, healthy retirement
- Tori Kropp | author of "The Joy of Pregnancy"
Topic: Interesting facts about pregnancy and birth
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
- Rich Hollenberg | Radio Host
Topic: Tips for a successful summertime bash
- Joel Kirsch | president, American Sports Institute
Topic: One man's quest for sport-based schooling
- Valerie Coleman Morris | Personal Finance Journalist
Topic: Don't let money ruin your marriage!
- Zahrah Mallie Farmer-Castillo | Executive Producer and Host of "Days with Zahrah"
Topic: Five Bay Area sandwich joints
- Sheila Bowman | Seafood Watch Spokesperson for Monterey Bay Aquarium
Topic: How oil spills, trash affect our seafood
- Nikki Anderson | senior partner with Think Feel Know USA
Topic: How to truly connect with your partner
Monday, June 21, 2010
- Neva Huynh | Neva's Beauty Inc.
Topic: Natural hair removal remedies
- Lia Huber | founder and CEO, Nourish Network & My Nourish Mentor
Topic: Recipe: Hearty egg salad
- Dr. Howard Shapiro | Co-author of "Eat and Beat Diabetes with Picture Perfect Weight Loss"
Topic: Lose weight to prevent diabetes
- Dr. Joanne Stern | Psychotherapist and Author of "Parenting is a Contact Sport…"
Topic: Dealing with a trashy-dressing daughter?
- Nancy Anderson | Author of "Work With Passion"
Topic: Stuck in a job you hate?
- Jon Relyea | Singer from "Faust"
Topic: Hot, new opera star on the rise
- Leigh Oshirak and Amy Eshilman | Authors of "Balance is a Crock/Sleep is for The Weak"
Topic: Fun and fast family breakfasts
Friday, June 18, 2010
- Billy Sunday Mars | romantic & spiritual fitness expert and author, "Fit for Love"
Topic: Get your arms and butt in shape
- Sarah McLachlan | Lilith Fair founder, Grammy winning singer/songwriter and Sia | Australian pop star, Lilith fair performer
Topic: Lilith Fair returns with Sara McLachlan
- Ben Paula | executive chef and owner, Sauce
Topic: Secret behind fried chicken
- Rona Renner | founder of Interactive Parenting Media and Childhood Matters host
Topic: How NOT to raise a bully
- Nicole Bauthier | 2010 ABC7 Top Scholar
Topic: ABC7 Top Scholar: Nicole Bauthier
- Susan Isaacs Kohl | author, "The Best Things Parents Do"
Topic: How to be a better father
- Chef Lea McIntosh | founder of Nesting Newbies
Topic: S'more peanut butter parfait
Thursday, June 17, 2010
- Ti Caudron | chief inspiration officer, Cambiati Wellness Programs
Topic: Common weight loss myths debunked
- Bruce Aidells
Topic: Indian-inspired grilled ground lamb kebabs
- Jen Frick | chief founding mom, The Tulip Grove
Topic: Stylish trends in baby wearing
- Janelle and Spencer
Topic: Hot gadget gifts for Father's Day
- Robin Plutchok | program manager, StopWaste.Org
Topic: Guidelines for when to recycle
- Sheila Devitt | practitioner, Pharmaca
Topic: Four surprising menopausal myths
- Sarah Billingsley and Amy Treadwell | co-authors, "Whoopie Pies: Dozens of Mix 'em, Match 'em, Eat 'em Up Recipes"
Topic: Recipe: Whoopie pie
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
- Jeff Garelick | director of men's clothing, Mitchells Family of Stores
Topic: Simple ways to update your man's fashion
- K.C. Price | Executive Director, Frameline
Topic: World-renowned film festival opens in SF
- Dr. Laurie Green | OB-GYN, Pacific Women's OB/GYN Medical Group
Topic: Checklist for your next doctor appointment
- Steve Sisgold | author, "What's Your Body Telling You"
Topic: How to address bullying with your child
- Audrey Mansfield
Topic: Great gift ideas for Father's Day
- Forest Blue | Novato fire district firefighter/paramedic and New Community Demonstration Garden project manager
Topic: Making your garden fire-safe
- Jeannie Mirassou | domestic violence survivor
Topic: Warning signs of domestic violence
- Hoss Zare | executive chef/owner, Zare at Fly Trap
Topic: Recipe: Persian dessert sorbet
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
- Josh Thomsen | executive chef, The Claremont Hotel, Club & Spa
Topic: Sonoma goat cheese-potato terrine
- Leigh Glaser
Topic: Affordable sailing on the bay
- Abbie Tuller | Editor-In-Chief of Pregnancy and Mom magazines
Topic: Getting your kids to go green
- Mary E. Stutts | author, 'Women Advising Women on Power, Progress and Priorities'
Topic: A new approach to having it all
- Chef Erik Villar | Executive Chef, Lakehouse Restaurant, Calistoga Ranch
Topic: Grilled rib eye with asparagus and couscous
- Piper Kerman | author, "Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Woman's Prison"
Topic: Chilling tale of a woman's time behind bars
- Andrea N. Richesin | editor of "What I Would Tell Her" and Robert Wilder and Mike Adamick | contributors
Topic: Touching father, daughter stories
Monday, June 14, 2010
- Audrey Mansfield
Topic: Audrey's summer accessory picks
- Nick Smith
Topic: San Mateo County Fair
- Nick Smith
Topic: Disney unveils magical 'World of Color'
- Cat Cora | Iron Chef
Topic: Iron Chef Cat Cora cooks up some tacos
- Troy DuFrene | co-author of "Things might go terribly, horribly wrong: A guide to life liberated from anxiety"
Topic: How to overcome anxiety
- Steve Greenberg | author, "Gadget Nation"
Topic: Gadget gifts
- Bob Hurley | Executive Chef of Hurley's Restaurant & Bar
Topic: Salmon three ways
Friday, June 11, 2010
- Cheryl Burke | 'Dancing with the Stars'
Topic: TV dancer Cheryl Burke dishes on VFTB
- Rick Robinson | executive chef, Gott's Roadside and Joel Gott
Topic: Grilled ahi burger with ginger wasabi mayo
- Ana Plascencia | 2010 ABC7 Top Scholar
Topic: ABC7 Top Scholar: Ana Plascencia
- Mark Verge & Ronald Curtis Ebanks | author & contributor "Access to the Boys Club: The Dirty Truth About How Men Think" and radio hosts
Topic: Maintaining fidelity in your marriage
- Joanna Rees | founder VSP Capital & Professor, Santa Clara University and Arthur Gallanter | Santa Clara Student & Entrepreneur and son Arthur
Topic: How to raise independent kids
- Debbie Shahvar | owner, Buttercup Grill & Bar
Topic: Recipe: Peanut buttercup pie
Thursday, June 10, 2010
- Cloris Leachman | "Cloris! A One Woman Show"
Topic: Performing at the Rrazz Room
- Chef Bruce Aidells
Topic: One-course meal: Mexican rice, chorizo salad
- Andrea Fono | Fono Art
Topic: No hassle artwork
- Shelly Rivoli | Author of "Travels with Baby"
Topic: Babyproof your hotel room
- Peter Chandonnet | Yoga Instructor for Yoga Works San Francisco
Topic: Confidence through yoga
- Andy Sheldon | CEO of Fizwoz
Topic: Make money with your camera phone
- Christie Matheson
Topic: Margarita cookies
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
- Nona Lim | founder of Cook
Topic: Detoxing with food
- Nick Smith
Topic: "Every 15 Minutes" program
- Shannon Stubo | OpenTable spokesperson & mother
Topic: Top-rated kid-friendly restaurants
- Kathryn Keats | Bay Area singer-songwriter and domestic abuse survivor
Topic: Harrowing story of domestic abuse
- Sean O'Toole | executive chef, Bardessono Restaurant
Topic: Farmers Market-style tomato salad
- Dr. Catherine Athans | Bay Area licensed therapist and author, "Just Imagine"
Topic: Ten tips for getting kids to enjoy writing
- Kristine Carlson | author, "Heartbroken Open: A Memoir Through Loss to Self-Discovery"
Topic: Surviving life's most difficult challenges
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
- Mark Scarbrough and Bruce Weinstein | Co-authors of "Real Food Has Curves"
Topic: Getting off processed foods
- Nikki B. Friaz | Culinary Manager for Sur La Table
Topic: Grilled fish
- Stacy Kaiser | Author of "How to Be a Grown Up"
Topic: Being a well-rounded adult
- Gayle Pirie | Chef and Owner of Foreign Cinema, SF
Topic: Fried chicken
- Peggy Kennedy | Author of "Approaching Neverland"
Topic: Mental illness
- Dani Shapiro/Author, "Devotion: A Memoir"
Topic: One mother's spiritual journey
Monday, June 7, 2010
- Audrey Mansfield
Topic: Kids summer fashions
- Lia Huber | founder and CEO, Nourish Network & My Nourish mentor
Topic: Rigatoni with kale, cauliflower and ricotta
- Abeba Wright | Chef, teacher, motivational speaker and AKA The Krazy Kracker Lady
Topic: Recipe: Carrot corn salsa
Topic: Girl chat
- Janice Green | partner, Farris & Green
Topic: Dealing with divorce after 50
- John Badalament | author of "The Modern Dad's Dilemma"
Topic: Help your partner become a better dad
- Ani Phyo | author of "Ani's Raw Food Essentials"
Topic: Unique 5-ingredient Korean dish
Friday, June 4, 2010
- Nick Brau | Global Ballooning in Australia
Topic: Hot air ballooning over Melbourne, Australia.
- Fiona Sweetman | Hidden Secrets in Australia
Topic: The hidden shopping lanes of Melbourne.
- Carloyn Briggs | Tjanabi Indigenous Restaurant and Guy Grossi | Grossi Flortentino and Joe Grbac | Press Club
Topic: A taste of Melbourne's international cuisine
- Shayne Neal and Elizabeth Corke | Great Ocean Ecolodge
Topic: Going green, Australia-style
- Janine Duffy | Echidna Walkabout
Topic: Go kangaroo hunting in Australia
- Brett Ince | Surf World Museum and Luke Edwards | Go Ride a Wave
Topic: Australia's surfing wonders
- Neil Perry, chef
Topic: A taste of the 'Qantas First Lounge' menu
Thursday, June 3, 2010
- Scott Pritikin | CEO and Co-Founder of GoCoffeeGo .com
Topic: How to make the best cup of coffee
- Bradley Ogden | celebrity chef and Bruce Cohn | founder and proprietor of B.R. Cohn Winery
Topic: One pot meal: Spring seafood stew
- Kimberly Heintzman | makeup artist
Topic: Simple skincare solutions
- Michele Bigley | travel expert & author
Topic: Under the radar family destinations
- Matthew Accarrino | Executive Chef, SPQR
Topic: 5-ingredient meal: Burrata tortelloni
- Alison Armstrong | relationship expert & creator of PAX Programs , including "Making Sense of Men" Seminar
Topic: 7 things you need to know about sex
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
- Don Dial | chef/owner of Rocco's Café, South of Market
Topic: 5-ingredient meal: Spinach mushroom lasagna
- Katie Tamony | Editor-in-Chief, Sunset Magazine
Topic: Recipe: Pickled strawberry salad
- Ole Henriksen | skincare guru
Topic: Skincare tips from an expert
- Dr. Joshua Coleman | Co-Chair of the Council on Contemporary Families and Bay Area psychologist and author of "The Marriage Makeover; Finding happiness in Imperfect Harmony"
Topic: When wives make more money
- Cari Lynn Pace | author of "Don't shoot me... I'm just the real estate agent! 100 Risks for Sellers, Buyers, and Agents"
Topic: Protecting yourself when buying or selling a home
- Nurse Barbara Dehn | founder, Nursebarb.com
Topic: Home remedies for unusual problems
- Sally James | Australian chef, author & educator
Topic: 5-ingredient meal: Couscous with prawns
- Jennifer Gunter | MD FRCS(C), FACOG, DABPM , Director Pelvic Pain Kaiser San Francisco Dept. OB/GYN
Topic: Insider tips for your next gynecologist visit
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
- Norman Gershenz | Center For Ecosystem Survival
Topic: Insects and the world under your feet
- Bruce & Eric Bromberg | authors, "Bromberg Bros. Blue Ribbon Cookbook: Better Home Cooking"
Topic: Budget-friendly meals: Matzoh ball soup
- Craig Robinson | Michelle Obama's brother
Topic: How to raise kids with character
- Louisa Maccan-Graves | budget-friendly beauty & age-proofing expert
Topic: Take care of often-neglected body parts
- LouAnn Brizendine, M.D.
Topic: Understanding the male brain
- Dr. Joanne Stern | psychotherapist and author of "Parenting is a Contact Sport"
Topic: Do good girls finish last?
- Tony Baker | Executive Chef, Montrio Bistro
Topic: Artichoke sourdough bisque