Careerbuilder.com compiled a list of the most outrageous excuses for calling in sick as part of a larger survey about sick days.
2012's most unusual excuses for missing work:
- "My sobriety tool wouldn't allow the car to start.""
- "I forgot I had been hired for the job."
- "My dog was having a nervous breakdown."
- "My dead grandmother was being exhumed for a police investigation."
- "My toe was stuck in a faucet."
- "A bird bit me."
- "I was upset after watching 'The Hunger Games.'"
- "I got sick from reading too much."
- "I was suffering from a broken heart."
- "My hair turned orange from dying my hair at home."