Authorities say the truck was on I-5 Tuesday around 7:52 p.m. when the passenger side window shattered. CHP units say evidence gathered at the scene indicate a bullet hit the pickup.
TIMELINE: When your power could come back after PG&E power outage
Another vehicle was reported traveling in close proximity to the truck at the time of the incident, but details on that vehicle are limited at this time.
The incident is being investigated by the CHP Northern Division ISU and the driver of the PG&E vehicle
For the latest stories about PG&E's Public Safety Power Shutoff go here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- VIDEO: Parts of Bay Area go dark during planned PG&E outages
- LIST: Counties, cities affected by PG&E power outage in Bay Area, rest of California
- MAPS: PG&E power outage is affecting these Bay Area cities
- TIMELINE: Here's when your power could come back after PG&E outage
- LIST: Places to go during potential PG&E power shutoff
- Are you ready for a blackout? Here's how to prepare
- You can store electricity before the outage: here's how
- LIST: Schools impacted by PG&E power shutoff
- Why is fire danger increasing if hot temps are decreasing?
- Pleasanton Police Department's hilarious PG&E power shutdown tips go viral
- How to find out if PG&E power outages are coming, how to deal when they do