TIMELINE: Here's when your power may come back after PG&E outage
The agency expects to turn power off in some areas early Wednesday, just after midnight. The power will be turned off to communities in stages, depending on local timing of the severe wind conditions, beginning with counties in the northern part of the state.
To support customers in the affected areas, PG&E will open Community Resource Centers in several locations beginning on Wednesday at 8 a.m. The centers will remain open during daylight hours only. Restrooms, bottled water, electronic-device charging and air-conditioned seating for up to 100 will be available at these facilities.
VIDEO: Parts of Bay Area go dark during planned PG&E outages
Additionally, many cities across the region are opening centers to help those impacted by the outages.
Here's a look at the locations below (PG&E Community Resource Centers will have an asterisk by them):
BAY AREA COUNTIES:
- Hayward City Hall Rotunda, 777 B Street, Hayward. Open daily 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. starting Thursday until no longer if needed. Available: Cooling, device-charging.
- * Merritt College LOT B - Leona St., Oakland 94508
Contra Costa County
- * Bishop Ranch Parking Lot: 2600 Camino Ramon, San Ramon 94583
- County Employment & Human Services Department: 4545 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch. Open: starting Wednesday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Available: charging station.
- County Employment & Human Services Department: 151 Linus Pauling, Hercules. Open: starting Wednesday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Available: charging station.
- County Employment & Human Services Department: 400 Ellinwood Way, Pleasant Hill. Open: starting Wednesday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Available: charging station.
- County Employment & Human Services Department: 1305 Macdonald, Richmond. Open: starting Wednesday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Available: charging station.
- Marin City at 850 Drake Avenue, Marin City. Open Wednesday until 8 p.m. Available: Device re-charging.
- * Calistoga Calistoga Fairgrounds: 1601 N. Oak Calistoga 94515
San Mateo County
- * Pasta Moon Restaurant, 845 Main St Half Moon Bay 94019
Santa Clara County
- * Avaya Stadium: 1123 Coleman Avenue, San Jose 95110
- Camden Community Center, 3369 Union Ave, San Jose. Open Wednesday until 8 p.m. Available: Information, phone and plug-in medical device charging, water, light snacks, Spanish & Vietnamese interpretation. No sheltering or medical care.
- Mayfair Community Center, 2039 Kammerer Avenue, San Jose. Open Wednesday until 8 p.m. Available: Information, phone and plug-in medical device charging, water, light snacks, Spanish & Vietnamese interpretation. No sheltering or medical care.
- Southside Community Center, 5585 Cottle Road, San Jose. Open Wednesday until 8 p.m. Available: Information, phone and plug-in medical device charging, water, light snacks, Spanish & Vietnamese interpretation. No sheltering or medical care.
Santa Cruz County
- * Twin Lakes Church 2701 Cabrillo College Dr, Aptos 95003
- * Six Flags Discovery Kingdom 1001 Fairgrounds Drive, Vallejo 94589
- * Mission Church 6391 Leisure Town Road, Vacaville 95687
- The Petaluma Community Center, 320 N. McDowell. Open Wednesday until 8pm, Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Available: charging electronic devices.
- Petaluma Fairgrounds, 175 Fairgrounds Drive. Open Wednesday until 5 p.m., Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Available: charging electronic devices.
- * Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building 1351 Maple Ave, Santa Rosa 95404
- * Mace Meadows Golf Course, 26570 Fairway Drive Pioneer 95666
- * Bird Street School, 1421 Bird St, Oroville 95965
- * 14144 Lakeridge Court, Magalia 95954
- * Meadowmont Shopping Center - 2182 HWY 4, Arnold 95223
- * 839 Newville Road, Orland 95963
- * El Dorado Fairgrounds 100 Placerville Drive, Placerville 95667
- * Rolling Hills Christian Church 800 White Rock Road, El Dorado Hills 95762
- * Clearlake Senior Center 3245 Bowers Avenue, Clearlake 95422
- *Coulterville Fire Dept - 10293 Ferry Road, Coulterville 95311
- * 1775 N. State Street, Ukiah 95482
- * Sierra College Grass Valley 250 Sierra College Drive, Grass Valley 95945
OTHER CALIFORNIA COUNTIES:
Colusa, Glenn Counties
El Dorado County
- * Gold Country Fairgrounds 1273 High Street Auburn 95603
- * 2140 Main St. La Porte 95981
Shasta, Tehama Counties
- * Shasta College, 11555 Old Oregon Trail Redding 96003
- * Loganville Campground parking lot - HWY 49, Sierra City 96125
- * Westley Hotel - 8615 CA-33, Westley 95387
- * Mother Lode Fairgrounds 220 Southgate Drive, Sonora 95370
- * Next to PG&E Gas Academy - Intersection of E. Grant Avenue & Timber Crest Road, Winters 95694
- * Oregon House, 9185 Marysville Road, Oregon House 95962
For the latest stories about PG&E's Public Safety Power Shutoff go here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- LIST: Counties, cities affected by PG&E power outage in Bay Area, rest of California
- MAPS: PG&E power outage is affecting these Bay Area cities
- TIMELINE: Here's when your power could come back after PG&E outage
- LIST: Places to go during potential PG&E power shutoff
- Are you ready for a blackout? Here's how to prepare
- You can store electricity before the outage: here's how
- LIST: Schools impacted by PG&E power shutoff
- Why is fire danger increasing if hot temps are decreasing?
- Pleasanton Police Department's hilarious PG&E power shutdown tips go viral
- How to find out if PG&E power outages are coming, how to deal when they do