CAMPBELL, Calif. (KGO) -- A Bay Area CEO has put out a strict ultimatum to his employees -- get a COVID-19 vaccine, or quit.
"I just want you to be protected and make sure you're not infecting the rest of my team," wrote Buller in the piece.
The company head has received a considerable amount of pushback to his employee vaccine mandate but claims the law is on his side.
"A lot of the threats that I had were this is illegal, I'm breaking federal laws, this is experimental vaccine whatever" said Buller. "The law is saying that this is legal and I'm really calling to other CEOs to do the same".
All but two of the company's 120 employees got vaccinated, according to Buller. One had a medical exemption and the other chose to resign.
All of Velo3D's employees have been fully vaccinated as of Monday, ahead of the state's reopening date, which means mask are now able to come off at their workplace.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic