Santa Rosa house explodes possibly due to butane containers

KGO logo
Thursday, February 19, 2015
firefighters respond to house fire
A series of explosions started a fire inside a Santa Rosa home.

SANTA ROSA, (KGO) -- A series of explosions Wednesday jolted a neighborhood near Santa Rosa.

Firefighters say the explosions and fire gutted a home, burned a car and killed three cats.

Crews discovered butane gas containers inside the home. Those containers are often associated with making hash oil.

Neighbors say the blast woke them up out of a deep sleep. Firefighters say there is no water supply in the area so it was tough to put out the flames.

A total of five fire departments responded to the scene.