PINOLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Three Pinole police officers are recovering morning from a hazmat incident that began Monday night near a Big 5 Sporting Goods store.
The store is located on Fitzgerald Drive.
Firefighters say five gallons of ammonia and seven pints of bleach spilled in a car.
Officers were checking out the car when they started having trouble breathing. They went to the hospital but have since been released.
It's not clear why the car was transporting the products.
Hazmat teams did safely dispose of them.