This year, Monte Vista High School students Tanaya Malik and Risha Jain's team created a product called Ezypull. Like everyone else, the students have been impacted by the pandemic and wanted to create something to help avoid germs.
"You can avoid direct contact with door handles, elevator buttons, and store keypads," Malik, a 12th grader said. "You can attach anything you want to your Ezypull so you'll never forget your necessities like your mask because it's always right there with your car keys."
"It goes on your wrist," Jain, a 10th grader, continued.
RELATED: Junior Achievement of NorCal prepares students for entrepreneurship
Jain provided a demo of the product for ABC7 News. The Ezypull also features a bottle opener and phone stand.
In addition to helping customers avoid germs, a portion of the product's proceeds will go to COVID-19 relief efforts.
The Ezypull is available for purchase at Ezypull.co. Malik and Jain said the JA company program has opened their eyes to different job opportunities.
ABC7 News is partnering with JA NorCal for a Jobs and Careers virtual town hall for middle and high school students on February 25th from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Students will be able to have their questions answered live by industry leaders.
For registration information on the FREE virtual town hall click here.
Click here for how to donate to Junior Achievement of NorCal.
See more stories and videos about Building a Better Bay Area here.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic