MediThrive in the city's Mission District had its store sprayed down Wednesday with a solution sold by a company called My Pure Environment.
"While we were doing Clorox wipes, gloves and face masks, anything above and beyond that is great," said MediThrive's founder and CEO, Misha Breyburg.
RELATED: Everything we know (and don't) about CA businesses opening Friday and what comes next
The company says this treatment is good for 90 days.
"We fill any given space up with a fog. The fog is made out of hydrogen peroxide and parasitic acid and that is known and recognized by the CDC and the EPA to eradicate the coronavirus," said Anatoly Nazarov, a manager at My Pure Environment.
"The second stage is a silicon based antimicrobial. What it does is it molecularly binds to the surfaces and we warranty that for 90 days," Nazarov explained. "As we go, it kills the virus."
RELATED: FDA approves coronavirus vaccine's next phase in clinical trial
Scientists are still debating the effectiveness of a spray on surfaces, pointing out most transmission of the virus happens from breathing in droplets. But Breyburg says the spray is worth trying.
"In a day and age like this, anything that can be done to help keep people healthy is a good thing," Breyburg said.
My Pure Environment has been around for about 13 years, but just started working in the Bay Area in the last 4 months.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions