The Town Council voted 3-1 in favor of Vice Mayor Sam Salmon to replace Dominic Foppoli, who resigned as mayor last month.
Salmon was chosen over Rosa Reynoza, who was the runner-up to Foppoli in last year's mayoral election.
Foppoli is facing numerous accusations of sexual assault, which he denies.
Salmon was elected to the town council in 1994 and has served as mayor several times in the past.
Related stories and videos:
- Windsor officials respond to mayor's resignation amid new sex assault allegation by reality star
- 7th woman accuses Windsor Mayor Dominic Foppoli of sexual assault
- Windsor Mayor Dominic Foppoli to 'step back' from active role until sex assault investigation complete
- Windsor moves to recall mayor after fiery, emotional town meeting demanding he resign
- 'My brother should step down': Family members call for Windsor mayor to resign
- Windsor mayor responds after multiple women accuse him of sexual assault