After a lengthy ordeal that ended in an arrest Monday night, Georgia's Dunwoody Police Department decided to share a few tips on things you should never do, especially when confronted by police.
The tongue-in-cheek message describes the story of a 19-year-old man who was allegedly spotted driving recklessly and did everything he could to run away from the police. After his arrest, the police say they discovered the young man had posted groan-inducing evidence of other alleged illegal activities to Facebook prior to his arrest.
- Don't drive recklessly on Ashford Dunwoody Rd and refuse to stop when officers initiate a traffic stop.
- Don't ditch your car after hitting a curb and immobilizing your vehicle.Don't run from officers...you will be quickly apprehended.
- After getting caught, don't tell officers that you were not the one driving (even though you were the only one in the car.)
- Don't post a picture on your Facebook page of you drinking beer two hours before the incident when you're only 19 years old.
- Don't post videos on your Facebook page of you going over 150 mph with your friends on I-285.
- Don't post videos on your Facebook page of you driving recklessly and performing burnouts in an apartment complex parking lot.
Dunwoody residents were thankful for the police department's efforts in apprehending the man, praising the officers for their hard work on Facebook.