Amy Anderson almost forgot what it's like to have real customers inside her boutique "Viva Diva" in downtown San Rafael but today, her doors are reopening.
She missed her customers.
"Not being able to be with them every day was a heartbreak," Anderson said.
RELATED: 2 Bay Area counties see COVID-19 cases surge, officials blame large parties, social distancing rule breakers
During the closure, Anderson laid off her staff and nearly called it quits but vowed to survive.
"We're not going down without a fight," said Anderson.
Safety measures are in place with hand sanitizer and lots of plexiglass.
Two customers at a time are allowed inside the store.
Trying clothes and shoes on still isn't allowed by the county, shopper Cat Thomason will take the shoes anyway.
"I'll try them on at home, hopefully they work," said Thomason.
Down the street the Brusati family is reopening T&B Sports, the store they've owned for 75 years.
The showroom is back open at Toyota of Marin.
RELATED: Testing shows grocery store workers a big part of Marin County coronavirus spike
Managers say online sales over the past three months have been surprisingly good.
"I was expecting more financial devastation than we've seen, I'm hopeful about our recovery," said Keith Ural, internet sales manager at Toyota of Marin.
Marin County Health officials warn reopening doesn't mean the pandemic is over.
"Do not mistake reopening for safety, more than ever we need to be on our 'A' game with safety protocols," said Dr. Matt Willis, Marin County health officer.
Willis says Marin County has reported a recent surge of new COVID-19 cases.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Everything we know about CA businesses opening and what comes next
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- WATCH LIVE: Daily briefings from CA, Bay Area officials
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions