ABC7 News has been keeping track for the last 44 days, ever since the discovery of cracked steel beams shut down the $2 billion project.
TIMELINE: A look at the Salesforce Transit Center closure in San Francisco
At a meeting at City Hall Thursday, project managers said they hope to get test results back this month. Samples from the steel beams have been sent to a specialized lab in New York.
Several teams of experts will meet there next week to review the preliminary analysis.
If they can pin down the definitive cause, engineers could begin drawing up plans for repairs to re-open the center.
Get the latest stories and videos about the Salesforce Transit Center here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How to get around during Salesforce Transit Center's temporary closure in SF
- Exclusive peek inside San Francisco's 'Grand Central Station of the West'
- San Francisco's Salesforce Transit Center: By the numbers
- Tour the brand new Salesforce Transit Center in San Francisco
- Salesforce Transit Center celebrates first weekday commute
- $2.26 billion Salesforce Transit Center opens to huge crowds, great expectations
- Salesforce Transit Center ribbon-cutting ceremony held in San Francisco