Hilton San Francisco Union Square has been closed since March 2020. The 2,000 room hotel will open just one of its three towers to start out.
"We're a very resilient industry," said Complex General Manager Terry Lewis. "While the past year has been very very tough, we will recover and people will come back."
RELATED: SF's iconic Grace Cathedral reopens for indoor worship after 14 months
Management says safety and hospitality will be their focus. The hotel will offer a contactless experience for those who want to keep their distance. Guests can even open their rooms with a digital key and check out with an app.
"We're going to be able to welcome people the same way and make people feel very safe and very comfortable," Lewis explained.
The first guests to be welcomed to the newly reopened hotel are a family from Arizona.
California has launched a campaign to try and help the hotel and tourism industry. It encourages people to visit California and for residents to vacation here in the state. From June to February of this year, the state says it lost $12 million in visitor spending from Californians traveling outside of the state
Rates for the Hilton San Francisco Union Square start at $200 per night.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic