SAN FRANCISCO -- The National Weather Service said, as of 5 p.m. Sunday, San Francisco has had 15.01 inches of rain since Oct. 1, making this year the wettest during that same time span since 1983 (15.7 inches).
Overall, this year's amount to date has hit the 8th most since records have been held. The record is still 23.77 inches, which occurred in 1889.
More rain is on the way this week with a series of storms expected to continue through Wednesday.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- VIDEO: Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast
- How to prepare your home for winter storms
- TIPS: How do you recover from hydroplaning?
- Tips for how to drive safely on rainy days
- TIPS: Here's how to use sandbags and prevent flooding
KGO-TV has contributed to this report.