ABC7's Building a Better Bay Area Back to School week confronts the many challenges Bay Area schools, students and families are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
RELATED: Building a Better Bay Area: Back to School
On Tuesday, multiple experts sat down with ABC7's Lyanne Melendez to explain how things have changed in elementary schools and what's being done to make sure distance learning can be successful at this level.
They described the changes that have been implemented to make sure virtual learning is just as successful as in-person learning.
Watch their full conversation in the video player above.
Go here for a look at more learning resources.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- MAINTAINING LEARNING: Free educational resources for kids stuck at home
- Here's which CA counties can reopen schools and salons amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 learning pods: Here's how they work and what Bay Area schools say about them
- New 'learning hub' program could help thousands of SF students with distance learning this fall
- CDC releases new guidance for reopening schools
- South Bay mother desperate for in-person learning options for son with special needs, fears delay in his progress
- California 'racing against the clock' to close digital divide before school starts, state superintendent says
Check out more stories and videos about Building a Better Bay Area.