SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- On Saturday, San Francisco Ballet's orchestra held an outdoor, socially-distanced musical performance in San Francisco's Hayes Valley neighborhood that featured songs from the Nutcracker.
The organization held the free performance for onlookers at Hayes and Gough around 2 p.m., with members of the Ballet dancing to songs from the Christmastime classic in the street.
RELATED: San Francisco Ballet orchestra takes to the streets instead of the opera house
Further, the San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker is going digital in 2020 as the pandemic keeps performers away from in-person, indoor performances at the War Memorial Opera House.
Visitors can even get virtual tours of the opera house and learn choreography online as well.
RELATED: Alonzo King's LINES ballet company in San Francisco to hold virtual financial relief event
This unique performance will be available to stream in HD until December 31 on the San Francisco Ballet's website.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic