RELATED: Strongest storm of season triggers evacuations, flooding and power outages in Bay Area
Craig Philpott shared video of snow blanketing Howell Mountain and the wind howling on Tuesday as a potent atmospheric river weather system swept the region.
The National Weather Service had issued flash-flood and wind advisories as rainfall picked up and wind gusts reached up to 55 miles per hour in some areas.
Track live weather conditions with Live Doppler 7 here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- VIDEO: Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast
- How to prepare your home for winter storms
- TIPS: How do you recover from hydroplaning?
- TIPS: Here's how to use sandbags and prevent flooding
- Planning a snow trip? Check out these Sierra driving tips from the pros
- How to drive safely in snow
- Tips to help you drive in dense fog
- Tips for staying safe while hitting the slopes