"We like a lot of other companies had to shut a lot of our headquarters teams, the marketing teams, the sales teams, the catering teams, that will just not come back in the next few months," Chau said in an interview with ABC7 News. "We need to conserve our cash to stay alive."
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT San Francisco businesses reduce hours, layoff workers amid COVID-19 outbreak
"We hope to open most of our stores back, but even some of our stores might not be financially viable to open back again and I think we have to accept that reality," Chau added. "Everybody says to plan for within four weeks, eight weeks timeline, so for me, we're thinking - I don't want to scare people - I'm going to be assuming its at least eight weeks and we really have to figure out how we're going to stay alive in this time."
Many other local businesses are feeling the economic impact and being forced to close temporarily amid the Bay Area shelter-in-place orders.
RELATED: Coronavirus impact: San Francisco bars, restaurants feel effects from COVID-19 concerns
In an Instagram post, the business shared that they don't know when all stores will open back up, but are touched by the community's support.
"Hopefully this is a see you later, and not a goodbye," the post writes.
Chau not only talked about battling the economic impacts of COVID-19, but also the cultural impacts novel coronavirus has on the Asian community. In a new social media campaign, #WashTheHate, Andrew Chau and other Asian social media influencers addressed racism and xenophobia amid the pandemic. Learn more about the campaign at their website here.
"Uncertainty and fear around the coronavirus are breeding acts of discrimination and violence against individuals of Asian descent. Lets #WashTheHate together," Chau wrote in his Instagram post.
RELATED: Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19
Boba Guys has nine stores in the Bay Area and also has locations in Los Angeles and New York. Bay Area locations will open from 12 p.m. until closing on Thursday and the business encourages patrons to order through Door Dash or Order Ahead.
Watch the full interview with Boba Guys Co-founder, Andrew Chau in the media player above.
Go here for the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Bay Area cancelations, closures related to COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus in CA: Get resources and information about COVID-19
- Bay Area school closures related to coronavirus pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19