Mayor London Breed tweeted the update saying, "we're excited to welcome families back to our 180+ playgrounds throughout the city. Please remember to keep your distance and follow the rules we have in place to keep our community safe."
Playgrounds are now open in San Francisco! We're excited to welcome families back to our 180+ playgrounds throughout the city. Please remember to keep your distance and follow the rules we have in place to keep our community safe. pic.twitter.com/951YMaqqOn— London Breed (@LondonBreed) October 14, 2020
RELATED: San Francisco announces reopening date for outdoor playgrounds with restrictions
New safety precautions include no sharing toys, wearing a mask, staying six feet apart and limiting your visit to 30 minutes when others are present.
The city of San Francisco closed all playgrounds in March to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is sharing in the excitement tweeting, "the wait is finally over!"
The department is also reminding everyone about "no eating and drinking, visitors must clean hands before and after playing."
RELATED: UCSF doctor explains why COVID-19 transmission among kids are infrequent
Adults also must supervise children at all times, avoid non-essential cell phone use.
Children under 2 must remain in arm's reach of caregiver and are not allowed on structures that hold more than one child, according to the SF Recreation and Park Department.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
MAP: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic