It doesn't take much water to create problems.
Just 6 inches of moving water can knock over an adult. A foot of water can cause a vehicle to stall. Two feet of water can wash away a vehicle.
RELATED: Good Samaritans help stranded school bus in Petaluma floodwaters
If you ever encounter a flooded road, never try and and cross it. You have no idea how deep the water may be.
A good rule of thumb is to "turn around, don't drown."
Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast and take a look at recent weather stories and videos.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- TIPS: How do you recover from hydroplaning?
- TIPS: Here's how to use sandbags and prevent flooding
- How to prepare your home for winter storms
- VIDEO: A rare sight in the Bay Area - snow-covered hillsides and mountains!
- Snow blankets Bay Area peaks
- Fresh snowfall on Mount Diablo captivates Bay Area snow seekers