RELATED: San Francisco mayor urges public to not celebrate 4/20 at Golden Gate Park
Earlier in the week, Mayor London Breed asked E-40 to spread the message and reminded his followers that there won't be any outdoor cannabis celebrations tolerated.
Normally thousands gather at Golden Gate Park on April 20, but this year amid the novel coronavirus pandemic, Mayor Breed said San Francisco police officers will be patrolling the park and give out citations if necessary.
"One of the main things that I was concerned was Hippie Hill and they even said 'thank you E-40 for letting it be known that everybody needs to stay in their house this particular year," said E-40.
Jerred Kiloh, president of the United Cannabis Business Association said the 4/20 celebration will now happen virtually, "a lot of streams happening throughout the nation and celebrating cannabis and 420. As a consumer, if you can sit in your house and peak into 20-20 celebrations across the nation is an interesting place to be."
In an Instagram live with ABC7 News Reporter Luz Pena on Sunday evening, E-40 talked about the seriousness of the virus and said he knew many people who are infected with COVID-19.
"Take precaution, cover-up, try to take your social distance, you don't wanna bring that home to your little daughter, your son," E40 said. "You don't wanna bring it home. Stay within your envelope. It's real and I'm using my platform to let them know that."
RELATED: Bay Area rapper E-40 talks with ABC7, urges people to stay inside on 4/20 to prevent spread of COVID-19
"You could spend this time working on passion projects thinking, using your brain, using your thinking skills. It's a good time to sit down let your brain marinate, chill, chill with your family," E40 suggested.
E-40 also shared what he's been doing during the shelter-in-place, mentioning he's watched "everything there is to watch" on Netflix and Amazon Prime . He has also been playing "a lot" of card games and recently learned how to play Connect 4 too.
"Stay strong, take care of your loved ones," the rapper added.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19