SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 is proud to be a longtime sponsor of AIDS Walk San Francisco. Anchor Dan Ashley is a committed supporter and has served as the event's host for more than two decades. The annual event returns to Golden Gate Park on Sunday.
Since its inception in 1987, AIDS Walk San Francisco has inspired countless thousands of Bay Area residents to walk, donate, and volunteer in the fight against HIV/AIDS, raising more than $90 million for organizations across seven Bay Area counties. From its humble beginnings, the event has grown into, and remains, the largest and most visible HIV/AIDS fundraising event in Northern California.
You can watch ABC7's Dan Ashley and the opening ceremony in the video media player above
You can support Bay Area HIV/AIDS organizations by donating at aidswalk.net
We invite you to learn more about all of the AIDS Walk San Francisco benefitting organizations here.
And join the conversation on social:
- 8:30 a.m. - Red Ribbon Pancake Breakfast and AM registration opens
- 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Pre-walk festivities
- 10:30 a.m. - 5K walk begins
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Post-walk picnic
Go here for more details on the events.
Go here to view a larger version of the route map
Go here to view a larger version of the venue map
- John F. Kennedy Drive: Closed between Transverse and 30th Avenue from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- JFK Promenade: Closed between Kezar Drive and Transverse
- Transverse Drive: Closed between Crossover Drive and Middle Drive W. from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bowling Green Drive: Closed between MLK Jr. Drive and Nancy Pelosi Drive from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Go here to view a larger version of the road closure map
If you're on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live