Guacamole con Mariscos
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer
For the guacamole
2 tablespoons chopped white onion
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno (see note)
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
½ teaspoon table salt
2 Hass Avocados
3 tablespoons chopped tomatoe
1. In a Molcajete ground onion, cilantro, chile and salt to a paste
2. Cut open the avocados and discard seeds; score the flesh inside the shell cross wise to easily spoon out.
3. spoon out the avocado and toss the in to the paste in the mortar
4. add the tomato and toss carefully
For the seafood:
4 oz Jumbo lump crab meat
3 oz cooked baby shrimp
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lime juice
2 tablespoon chopped Jalapeno (see note)
3 tablespoons cilantro
2 teaspoons chipotle puree from a can of chipotles.
Salt to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together and let marinate for 20 minutes, this can be made before you make the guacamole or even a couple of hours before hand..
2. Toss half of the seafood salad in to the guacamole.
3. Top with the rest of the seafood and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Notes: the heat can be regulated according to spiciness of the jalapenos if they are very spicy use less if to mild add more.
Recipe game plan:
As very busy people we are, here are a couple of tips to help you get ahead of the game:.
1. Seafood mixture can be done way ahead of time but not more than 8 hours. Keep well covered in refrigerator and let rich room temperature 30 minutes before using it..
2. Onion, cilantro, tomato and jalapeno can also be chopped long before as long as they are kept well covered in a refrigerator and in separate containers. If using small glass or ceramic ramekins is best..
3. Guacamole has to be mixed last minute. (No cheating or it will be awful!)