Grilled Flatbread Pizza
- Pizza Dough, frozen 16 oz
- All Purpose Flour 4 T
- Olive Oil 4 T
- Sun Dried Tomato, julienne 1/4 cup
- Cooked Small broccoli florets 2 cups
- Olives, Italian cured, sliced 4 T
- Mozzarella, shredded 1 1/2 cups
- Kosher Salt or Table Salt To taste
- Black Pepper To taste
- Gallo Salame® pepperoni, thin sliced 8 oz
1. Thaw dough for an hour at room temperature.
2. Roll the dough into a thin round or rectangular shape.
3. Use the flour to keep the dough from sticking to the work space.
4. Sprinkle the flour onto the work space if the dough starts to stick. Place the dough on a greased cookie sheet or pizza tray.
5. Brush the olive oil onto the dough evenly.
6. Place the sun dried tomato, broccoli florets, olives, salt and pepper evenly onto the pizza
7. Place the mozzarella cheese evenly across the pizza.
8. Place the sliced Gallo pepperoni onto the pizza
9. Bake in a preheated 500F oven for 10-12 minutes or cook on a preheated gas outdoor grill on a well greased rack. Close the grill's lid.
10. Remove from pan and let cool. Slice the pizza into 8-12 equal pieces.
About Chef Brian Averna
Brian Averna is Sara Lee's Corporate Executive Chef. After graduating from The Culinary Institute of America in 1981, he worked in several business and campus dining service operations as a food service manager, and over a 6-year period as Director of Food Services.
From 1995-2000, as Clear Channel Broadcasting's "WELI Food Guy", he produced and recorded daily food radio reports for Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York listeners. As a former chef-co host for QVC's live sister television network Q2, Chef Brian taught a multitude of quick tricks to viewers and influenced on-air sales to hungry food hobbyists across the country. Brian also represented Sara Lee as the Guest Chef for The QVC television network. Throughout various points in his career, Brian Averna appeared in several SAG industrials and videos for national corporate sponsors such as Repronex, Friendlys and others.
For more information, visit: www.brianaverna.com