- Sandisk's Memory Cards and USB drives: Huge capacities let you capture your home movies right to memory cards! Who needs tapes?
- Nokia's Camera Phones: 5 megapixel camera phones take pictures and movies suitable for DVD! You don't need another camera.
- Sony's DVDirect: Transfers VHS tapes and 8mm tapes to DVD. No computer required!
- Joesoft's Klix: Software that can rescue photos from camera's memory cards, even after they had been deleted! It costs $30.
- Pandigital's Photo Frames: World's largest maker of digital picture frames -- an easy, impressive way to enjoy your digital photos on technology!
About Alex L. Goldfayn
Alex L. Goldfayn is The Technology Tailor. He hosts "The Technology Tailor Show" on WGN Radio every Saturday. The program, which is broadcast to 38 states and Canada, is a "low-tech" technology talk show. In Alex's trademark easy-to-understand, educational and humorous approach, the show helps moms and dads and grandmas and grandpas understand the latest in technology and how to use it. For five years, Alex wrote the innovative "My Tech" column for the Chicago Tribune, which was distributed internationally to more than 300 publications by McClatchey-Tribune News Service. He is the author of "Going Digital," (published last year by HarperCollins) which teaches people how to do very cool things with their digital photos and home movies. Alex received his Bachelor of Arts degree in pre-med psychology from Illinois Wesleyan University (with minors in Russian and chemistry...don't ask!), and attended a doctoral program for clinical psychology before making a career of helping people with technology.