Warm Apple Pie Pizza
Makes one 13-inch pizza, two 9-inch pizzas, or four 6-inch pizzas
Top this one with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
16-inch pizza stone, wooden pizza peel
1-inch pastry brush
- Place a seasoned (or oiled) pizza stone in the middle of your oven and preheat to 450 F, at 30 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl and blend with your hands. Don't worry if there are small lumps of brown sugar; they will melt during baking. Cut the butter into tiny cubes and add to the bowl. Blend the butter in with your fingertips, working just there are no chunks of butter visible.
- Shape the dough according to the recipe on page 16(if making more than one pizza, try to make them at the same time). Combine the corn syrup with ¼ teaspoon water and brush this mixture on the outer inch of the dough.
- Arrange the apple slices in pinwheel pattern over the dough (do not overlap the slices), and cover the entire surface with brown sugar mixture.
- Transfer to the oven and back for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the crust and topping are nicely browned. Remove from the oven, slice and serve immediately.