Art projects to do with your child at home:
Classifying/catagorizing colors, shapes or objects around our house. MATERIALS:
1. Tape a piece of contact paper, sticky side facing
out, to a wall or low table.
2. Gather various scraps (see above) from around your home and allow your little one to examine each item.
3. Explore the textures, colors, and shapes of each piece and discuss similarities and differences. Then classify them according to their attributes.
4. Now, allow your little one to experience the sticky feeling of the contact paper. Have him start placing items onto the paper and let him enjoy creating his collage!
5. Preserve the collage with a second piece of contact paper and frame the artwork with colored masking tape for the edges.
Other themes to explore include leaves, flower petals, all things blue, all things found in the kitchen, etc.
MAGIC TREASURE BOTTLE:
Discovering objects all around us!
1. Remove the label from the clear plastic bottle.
2. Explore your home with your little one to find interesting objects.
3. Once you have gathered enough objects, discuss which ones will fit into the bottle and drop them in.
4. Add uncooked rice (fill 2/3 of the bottle with rice) then tightly screw on the cap.
5. Shake to hide the objects and then twist and turn the bottle to see what treasures appear!
PEEKADOODLE KIDS CLUB
Enter Peekadoodle Kidsclub, where you can find quality, educational, creative fun every day for children five years and younger. Peekadoodle Kidsclub is a membership-based destination where kids can enjoy our interactive PlaySpace and participate in educational enrichment all under one roof, in a safe and central location...And For You Too! Plus, Peekadoodle Kidsclub gives you the opportunity to eat, exercise, shop, meet friends, or simply relax as the kids explore and learn in a space custom-designed to ignite their imagination. The PlaySpace is designed so that you can join your kids in creative play or keep them easily in view.