SeaWorld's Holiday Celebration 2008
SeaWorld is presenting a Holiday Celebration for a second year and has added several dates and attractions to the event.
SeaWorld's Holiday Celebration is presented November 28–30, weekends December 6–14, and daily December 20–31.
* Shamu's Holiday Night Show – Shamu and friends celebrate Christmas with music and merriment, including live musicians and special choreography for Shamu.
* Clyde and Seamore's Night Before Christmas – our favorite sea lion spoofers have a good time with their own holiday traditions.
* Holiday decorations – SeaWorld shines with holiday finery, including large scale photo arrays of our animals celebrating Christmas in their own way, photo "postcard" backdrops and a 30' Christmas Tree centerpiece.
* SeaWorld's Skytower Tree of Lights - lights up each night at about 6 p.m. Featured attractions – our Christmas Tree Lot returns.
SeaWorld's Holiday Celebration special animal appearances and live holiday music is presented on Nov. 28-29, Dec. 6, 13, 20 and Dec. 26-31.
* Animal appearances – live animal visits with up-close opportunities at Entrance Plaza stage and other areas around the park.
* Live holiday music - carolers and instrumentalists perform holiday favorites on pathways around the park and the Entrance Plaza stage.
To find out more about SeaWorld's Holiday Celebration, visit www.seaworld.com/sandiego
About Gary Faucher:
As a SeaWorld and Busch Gardens animal ambassador, Gary Faucher shares his lifelong appreciation of animals and the park's commitment to wildlife conservation with audiences ranging from a few classroom children to millions of viewers on national television.
Faucher is currently a regular guest on "The Bonnie Hunt Show" and has appeared on dozens of TV news programs, including KTLA in Los Angeles and the "Today" show in New York. With more than 20 years experience in animal training, Faucher has trained a variety of exotic birds, reptiles and mammals that have appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" and "The Martha Stewart Show."
As an animal trainer at SeaWorld San Diego for the past 11 years, Faucher can normally be found assisting with VIP tours, educating school groups about animal behavior and conservation, or exercising his favorite pair of small-clawed otters along the park pathways to the delight of many guests. In 1990, Faucher started his animal training career at The San Diego Wild Animal Park's bird show, one of the largest free-flight bird shows in the world. Faucher holds an associate's degree in sociology from San Diego City College and attended high school at University High in San Diego.
As a resident of San Diego, Faucher enjoys reading, traveling and camping. He also enjoys spending time with Maki, his neighbor's tabby cat, who makes it perfectly clear that Gary is No. 1 in his life.