Gifts featured on the show:
- The Complete Manual of Things that Might Kill You, $20, Knockknockstuff.com
- Destee Nation Shirts, $25, Desteenation.com
- Key charms, Coach, $30
- Bath Celebration Set, L'Occitane, $24
FOR THE KIDS
- Trumpette Infants' baby socks for boys and girls, Bloomie's, $28
- Air Hogs Zero-Gravity Micro Car, $30, Walmart.com
HIT THE ROAD
- Stylus Classic Game Pens, $5.50 each, vat19.com
- Teroforma Soapstone Whisky Stones, $15 for 8, Teroforma.com
Creative ideas- "The Thought That Counts"
In these tough economic times, you want to save as much money as possible during the holidays without coming off as the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. This year, give something personal and memorable that they would never get for themselves. Try one of these inexpensive, easy ideas.
1) Make a grab bag: Fill a bag or a box with items that will bring the memories flooding back: a pack of Twizzlers for all the ones you ate during road trips, a mix CD of theme songs from movies you saw together, an old poster of your mutual teen heartthrob…
2) Repurpose favorite shirts: Make good use of those school, camp, and sports tees he refused to part with and turn them into a quilt.
3) If you aren't taking a vacation this year, order in! Send a pineapple, a lay, or some Caribbean music to put him/her in the mood.
4) Book it: Hand over a hardback edition of her favorite childhood book and remind her she's a kid at heart.
5) Immortalize her: Make a video of her friends and family sharing exactly why she's so fabulous. Then post the montage on YouTube and give her a few minutes of fame.
"Real Simple Real Life" airs Friday nights at 8/7c on TLC.
Real Simple Magazine's "Holiday Solutions 2008" Event info:
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6TH
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Westfield Centre San Francisco
BLOOMINGDALE'S WING, LEVEL 2
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Join us for Real Simple Magazine's Holiday Solutions 2008 event! Stop by and pick up some inspiration that'll make the holidays just what you want them to be: simply wonderful. Don't miss:
- Great Gift Solutions
- Quick Holiday Beauty Ideas
- Simple Entertaining Tips
- Cooking Demonstrations
- A chance to meet Real Simple Editors
- Time to hang out with an expert from the new TLC show, REAL SIMPLE. REAL LIFE.
- Gift bags, refreshments and more!
EVENT WEB SITE: www.realsimplerewards/holidaysolutions
About Carly Zipp:
Carly Zipp is a Real Simple expert, having shared her knowledge on TV shows across the country. She has been with Real Simple for over two and half years, working with the magazine, website, books and special issues, product lines, and new TLC show, REAL SIMPLE. REAL LIFE. Carly's passion comes alive around the holidays, when she thinks Real Simple readers become the most stressed. Through easy time and money management tips, Carly has become a trusted source from Real Simple to make the holidays easier.