Mini Baked Crab Cakes with Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce
1 lb. Fresh lump crabmeat (about 3 cups loosely packed)
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 large Egg
8 Tbsp. Mustard - Mayonnaise Sauce
1 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
¼ tsp. Tabasco Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F
2. Drain crabmeat and put in a medium below. Add breadcrumbs and toss until distributed evenly.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, 2 tablespoons of the Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce, the parsley, mustard, and the Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces. Pour this mixture over the crabmeat. Mix gently using a rubber spatula crabmeat.
4. Divide the crabmeat into six equal portions, each measuring ½ cup. Gently form each portion of crabmeat into a ball and flatten into a 1-inch-think cake - do not make perfectly flat, because cake should have grooves.
5. Put the butter in a 7x11-inch ovenproof dish and then put the crab cakes in the pan. Bake for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom. Gently turn the crab cakes and bake for another 5 minutes longer, or until the cakes are golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve with the remaining 6 tablespoons of Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce.
*Alex's Bread Crumbs
8 ounces firm white bread (4-5 slices)
5 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced shallot
2 teaspoons chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
1. Slice the crust from the bread and then cut the bread into large chunks.
2. Grind the bread to fine crumbs in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl.
3. Pat the garlic and shallots dry with a paper towel. Add to the breadcrumbs and toss to mix. Add the parsley, toss, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
About Clarence Mahabir:
He is the Assistant General Manager of Morton's The Steakhouse, San Francisco and leads the restaurants wine program.
About Morton's The Steakhouse:
Morton's Restaurant Group, Inc. is the world's largest operator of company-owned upscale steakhouses. Morton's steakhouses have remained true to its founders' original vision of combining generous portions of high quality food prepared to exacting standards with exceptional service in an enjoyable dining environment.The Company owns and operates 80 Morton's steakhouses located in 68 cities in 28 states and Puerto Rico and five international locations (Toronto, Vancouver, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Macau), as well as three Italian restaurants.2008 marks Morton's 30th anniversary, and the company will celebrate by partnering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation in its "30 Wishes for 30 Years" national campaign.
Morton's The Steakhouse
400 Post St., Lower Level
San Francisco, CA 94102