- Don't wash your hair for 24 hours after you have applied your color.
- Rinse your hair in diluted vinegar on your first wash to extend your hair color.
- Use a color enhancing or boosting shampoo and conditionr and try to wash your hair every other day to prolong the life of your color.
- Stay out of the sun or use a hair sunscreen.
- Do a deep conditioner once a week.
- Wear a hat to protect your color from fading.
- Wash your hair in warm water, not hot.
- Rinse your hair after swimming in chlorine.
Product suggestions to extend the time between your salon visits:
- Perfect 10 Sold at Walgreen's
- Clairol Root Touch Up Sold at Walgreen's
- Clairol Nice"n Easy Sold at Walgreen's
- Hair Makers sold at Sally's Beauty Supply
- Marc Anthony Pro Root Touch Up sold at Walgreen's
- Frederic Fekkai sold at Saks Fifth Ave and many salons
- Cover Your Gray sold at Sally's Beauty Supply
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Colore Pen sold at SEPHORA $23.00
- Color Mark 12 shades $20.00 colormark.com
- Betty Beauty $14.99, available at www.bettybeauty.com
Intimate Bleaching: South Beach Skin Solutions
Lightening Gel for Sensitive Areas
$49.95 for 2 oz.
Available at www.southbeachskinsolutions.com
Hilda's Skin Philosophy
100 W. El Camino, Suite 67
Mountain View, CA