Hot Latte Recipe
A very Italian, traditional, and classic hot beverage for only $0.35
- 1 oz. of espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 4 oz. of milk
- Begin by brewing your shot of espresso using either an espresso machine or a strong brewing method, such as a moka pot. Heat your milk by steaming it using your espresso machine, or by slowly heating it up on the stove over medium heat, and then whipping it using an electric hand frother until the desired amount of froth is created. Put espresso in the bottom of the cup and fill cup with heated milk.
Aztec Cocoa on the Rocks
Cold Latte Recipe
An ice-filled, exotic beverage with a hint of chocolate at $0.66
- 2 oz. of strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- 6-8 oz. of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch of ground, dried, red pepper
- 2 tbsp. of chocolate
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp. of brown sugar
- Use the cinnamon stick to mix the 2 oz. of strong brewed coffee or espresso, 2 tbsp. of chocolate, a pinch of dried red pepper, and 1 tbsp. of brown sugar. After mixing the ingredients, add the milk and mix. Serve over ice and use cinnamon stick to garnish.
Crème Brulee Latte
Sweet Latte Recipe
This decadent drink is a hit with dessert lovers at $0.97
- 2 oz. espresso or choice of strong coffee
- 8 oz. steamed milk
- 1 oz. vanilla bean syrup
- 2 tbsp. caramel topping
- Begin by brewing your 2 shots or 2 oz. of espresso using either an espresso machine or a strong brewing method, such as a moka pot. Take a 10 oz. cup and lace the sides of it with 1 tbsp. of caramel topping. Then place the syrup at the bottom of the cup and top with the espresso. Heat your milk by steaming it using your espresso machine, or by slowly heating it up on the stove over medium heat, and then whipping it using an electric hand frother until the desired amount of froth is created. Fill cup with heated milk and top with remaining caramel.
No Espresso Machine/No Problem
If you haven't invested in an espresso machine, don't despair. The following will assist you in making that perfect latte.
A moka pot, stovetop coffee
This device aerates the milk by rapidly mixing it to introduce as much air as possible. The result is a foamy texture well-loved by coffee enthusiasts.
$1.99 at IKEA stores
To buy: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10076320
About Heather Perry
Twenty-six-year-old Heather Perry discovered her love for java more than a decade ago. This renowned barista began her coffee career at the tender age of 11 by washing dishes and sweeping floors in her parent's coffeehouse. At 15, Heather worked behind the espresso machine and used her creativity to experiment with different drinks and make them her own.
Years of dedication to her craft paid off. Perry has been named United States Barista Champion in 2007 and 2003, plus a Western Region Champion in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. She has also appeared on many TV shows including "What's Hot What's Cool" on the Food Network and BIG on the Discovery Channel where her name was put in the Guinness Book of World Records for building the worlds largest espresso machine.
Perry is currently the Director of Training and Consulting at the Coffee Klatch. She also recently established the Heather Perry's Best Barista Training and General Manages Coffee Klatch's Southern California coffeehouses. She graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a degree in International Business and Marketing.
For more info and recipes: http://www.gotmilk.com