Pizza-making tips before you get started:
- Always preheat your oven before your pizza.
- A simple two-topping pizza in a 12 inch diameter pizza pan bakes evenly and thoroughly at about 400 degrees on the center rack in your oven.
- Always place your pan in the center of the oven rack.
From Toast Restaurant Executive Chef Michael Garcia
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of yeast
- 2lb of Flour
- 1/2 tsp clover honey
- 1/2 cups of olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons of salt
- Water should be slightly warm, then add honey and stir. Add yeast and stir.
- Let sit for about 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Put flour in mixer, slowly add yeast water mixture. When it is well incorporated add olive oil and salt. Turn mixer to high and mix until dough pulls from the edges of mixing bowl.
- Remove from mixing bowl, cover and let it rise for 20 minutes. Cut into 6 oz pieces and shape into ball.
- 3 cup of Spinach
- 1/2 cup of Prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup of Ricotta cheese
- 2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs
- Sauté spinach and let it cool down. Make 2 divots in pizza dough, crack eggs in center of pizza and add all remaining ingredients on top.
- Bake in pizza oven until the dough bubbles on the edges and gets a crisp dark color.