Performing at CAFÉ DU NORD
April 14 at 9:30 p.m.
2174 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94114
Phone: (415) 861-5016
GREASE Performance information:GREASE
The Golden Gate Theatre
March 24 - April 19, 2009
1 Taylor (@ Market & 6th)
San Francisco, CA Tickets for GREASE range in price from $30 to $99 and can be purchased online at shnsf.com, through Ticketmaster by calling (415) 512-7770, at all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers and at the Orpheum Theatre Box Office (1192 Market at 8th St., Mon-Sat 10am - 6pm). Groups of 15 or more may order now by calling Group Sales at (415) 551-2020. To learn more about GREASE and other SHN shows, visit www.shnsf.com. Performance Schedule:
Tuesday - Saturday at 8 p.m.; Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday at 2 p.m.
Fun facts about Taylor:
- Taylor released his new album The Distance, available nationwide, on March 10, 2009.
- He was born in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1976.
- On May 24, 2006, Hicks was named the winner of the fifth season of "Idol" with over 63.4 million votes.
- Taylor's fans have dubbed themselves the "Soul Patrol".
- His debut single, "Do I Make You Proud," debuted in the #1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 and certified Gold.
- His eponymous debut album, Taylor Hicks, was released on December 12, 2006 and debuted in the #2 spot on the Billboard 200 charts and was later certified Platinum.
- Hicks' memoir Heart Full of Soul: An Inspirational Memoir About Finding Your Voice and Finding Your Way (Random House) was released in July of 2007.
- The USPS issued limited edition American Idol stamps in May 2008, including two images of Taylor with all proceeds going to Idol Gives Back.
- Taylor's own label, Modern Whomp Records, released Early Works (a compilation of his two, pre-Idol independent albums In Your Time and Under the Radar), through the Welk Music Group in August 2008.
He's achieved widespread fame in 2006 as a contestant on the hugely successful FOX singing competition "American Idol." On May 24, 2006, Hicks was named the winner of the fifth season of "Idol" with over 63.4 million votes in total. Winning the title over Katharine McPhee, the announcement was made during the live finale episode which aired to a worldwide audience of over 200 million viewers.