Overcome your fear of public speaking

Most people list public speaking as their #1 fear in life. Fran Zone provides a Fran Fix that helps you kill the fear and take control of how people SEE you. Because 80% of all first impressions is VISUAL, taking control of the picture, and how people value it, gives you the confidence to want to be IN it.

To get going, Fran says you need to start with YOU and take control of the picture you are sending. She believes that 'Confidence comes from knowing how you do things and managing what others see of you.' Here are her tips for killing the fear of showing up, and being heard - in front of two or 2,000 people:

FOCUS: Success is 80% VISUAL so:

  1. Start with YOU -- and manage what they SEE. The more you know how you do things the more confident you'll be doing them. (Stand in front of a mirror and get a good look at your smile, how you stand, how your sit). The more you know about the palette the better the picture.

  2. Picture Success - Start with your HAIR and your ACCESSORIES. They help you manage where people look and how they value what they see. Once you're happy with the picture of you - you are ready to:

  3. Focus on THEM - What do you want them to DO or Believe? To affect an audience, you must inspire action and/or belief in your message.

  4. Kill the Fear - The only thing in the way of your message is an unaddressed fear or assumption. When you identify what's in the way of your idea, you have taken the first step toward removing it.

  5. Facts Aren't Enough - Facts alone will never leverage you or your message. Your audience needs to know how to value or relate to a fact. Use facts to help you frame your answer to the question your audience came to hear: How will this affect ME? Self-interest inspires listening. When listeners can picture how your message affects them, you will have a captive audience!

  6. Make a Memory - In every interaction, you want people to remember what they can count on from you. Managing the picture of you gives them 80% of their answer- Use the remaining 20% to get them to believe in you and your message - and you will have conquered your fear of speaking while creating a very stellar first step toward achieving your dream.
Event Info:
You can see Fran LIVE, along with Jennifer LeBrett, at the eWomenNetwork lunch in San Rafael on Tuesday, April 21. Seating is limited. This will be a chance to take your first Stellar Step toward showing up - confidently. For more information:

An award-winning leadership communication expert, Fran is the creator of The Zone Method", a proven program for maximizing personal style and mastering the art of 'deliberate communication'. Committed to creating communication that changes lives, Fran puts her insight and Zone Method tools into the daily lives of everyone she comes in contact with. She quickly caught the attention of ABCTV, who recruited her to lead a multi-medium, information campaign on sexual harassment. As executive director of the Coalition to Stop Sexual Harassment, Fran secured alliances with sponsors that included Chrysler Corp., the American Assn. of Advertising Agencies and Hearst Magazines. The national, award-winning campaign was the first of its kind. In 1992, Fran was recruited by UC Berkeley to create graduate level curriculum as well as serve as an instructor. She later founded the largest graduate level media scholarship at the University of Texas. She still serves as a judge for the (John Mack Carter Media Scholarship) award and created the first "mentorship' for scholarship winners - a paid internship, where they are mentored by a leader in the hosting organization. For her contribution to the field of communication, she received the 1995 'Headliner of the Year Award', a national honor for life achievement. Other recipients include Barbara Walters and legendary White House correspondent, Helen Thomas. Her counsel and constant interaction with corporate brands and leaders won her an invitation to Fortune Magazine's 'Most Powerful Women in Business Summit' in 2002. Fran is the highest rated category speaker in the history of the California Governor's Conference, one of the largest business conferences in the United States, and continues to attract standing-room only audiences at business conferences across the country. She serves as a communication expert for ABCTV and is the creator of ZoneMail, a newsletter read by managers, CEOS, Fortune Board members, and magazine editors. Fran's tools will help you present with confidence, strategically prepare for all interactions, and navigate through career challenges. All Zone Method programs, seminars, products and tools are produced and distributed by Zone Communication.
Website:
www.zoneme.com.

In Spring of 2009, she launched her online community blog: www.stellarbeginnings.com.

Copyright © 2019 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.