Tips on Dressing to Look Slimmer:
- Accentuate your positive features and pay less attention to your flaws. If you love your eyes, wear colors that draw them out or that draw one's attention to them. If you love your arms, wear styles (sleeveless, halter tops) that show them off.
- Concentrate on creating a vertical, fluid line from head-to-toe. Do this with colors in complementary shades or all one color. Wear vertical stripes or patterns to create an illusion of length.
- Focus on the fit and not on the size. Wearing loose clothing to hide your shape will only add weight to your silhouette. Wearing tight clothing will highlight your flaws. - Heels add height not width.
- A sheer top over a tank skims the body, creating a slimmer silhouette.
- V-neck tops elongate the neck and draw attention to the waistline.
- Bell-shaped sleeves create a nice balance for heavier arms.
- Boot cut or flared slacks add a nice balance to heavier thighs.
Today, more than 87 years after opening the country's first ever off-price apparel store in Brooklyn, NY, Loehmann's continues to distinguish itself as the only national, upscale, off-price specialty retailer for name brand designer fashions.
Designer fashions plus current, in-season merchandise and frequent new arrivals, all at prices 30% - 65% less than department store prices, still serve as hallmark features of Loehmann's, attracting generations of fashion-savvy women and men to a shopping experience unlike any other.
Loehmann's carries a wide spectrum of looks favored by customers with classic to contemporary lifestyles. Store departments include women's sportswear, dresses, career and casual collections; men's, juniors, children's, plus shoes, handbags and jewelry.
Now, more than 63 stores strong in 16 states, Loehmann's has grown to include a large flagship store in Manhattan and one in Beverly Hills, as well as a "Size Search" in-store service that helps find and ship appropriate sized items to customers; plus, in select large stores, free personal shopping service.
For more information, visit www.loehmanns.com.