Crab Louie in Avocado Boats
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons prepared imported mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut oil or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions, including green part
- 4 large green stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 pound crab meat chunks
- 4 ripe avocados
- Lettuce leaves
- In a mixing bowl, add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and egg yolk. Beat with a wire whisk. Add the oil gradually, beating rapidly. When thick and smooth, add the chili sauce, scallions and olives. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Put the crab meat in a mixing bowl and add half the sauce. Mix gently so as not to break up the crab lumps.
- Split the avocados in half and discard the pits. Pile equal portions of the crab into the avocado halves. Spoon the remaining sauce over this.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves. Garnish the crab filling with egg slices.
35th Anniversary Festivities
Now through July 12th
Beach Blanket Babylon, the world's longest running musical revue, celebrates its 35th Anniversary with 35 special performances. The 90-minute show will include a new quintessential Beach Blanket Babylon musical number as well as a special video tribute to the show's creator, Steve Silver. Tickets for these special performances range in price from $25 - 80 and are available by phone at 415-421-4222, online at http://www.beachblanketbabylon.com or at the Beach Blanket Babylon Box Office (678 Green Street, San Francisco).