Blackened Alaskan Halibut with sweet corn And cherry tomato relish
- 4 each Alaskan Halibut filets, 5 ounce portions
- 2 tablespoons Blackening Spice, (equal parts: cayenne,paprika, ancho chili powder, allspice,cumin, salt and pepper)
- 3 cups Sweet Corn Kernels
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper, small dice
- ½ cup Red Onion, small dice
- ½ cup Cucumber, peeled, small dice
- 1 bunch Chives, minced
- 1 cup Sweet Toybox Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1 pound Baby Spinach, washed
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl, begin to make the corn relish by adding 2 cups of the sweet corn kernels, bell pepper, onions, cucumber, chives, and tomatoes.
- In a blender, add the remaining 1 cup of corn kernels and the champagne vinegar and puree on high speed. Slowly drizzle the EVOO while still blending.
- Season the mixture in the blender with salt and pepper and add to the veggies in the bowl, mix completely. Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes as all of the flavors need to come together.
- On a large plate or cookie sheet, generously season the halibut fillets with the blackening spice.
- Heat a large heavy bottom cast iron skillet to medium high and lightly coat with oil.
- Sear the halibut in the cast iron skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on preference.
- To serve, arrange the baby spinach equally on four plates, place the halibut fillets on top of the spinach. Generously spoon the sweet corn relish over each of the fillets and serve.
Lark Creek Walnut Creek
1360 Locust Street
Walnut Creek, CA