What papers to take in an evacuation

MOST POPULAR: Video, stories and more
SIGN-UP: Get breaking news sent to you from ABC7 News

Things to take with you in an evacuation:

  • All IDs: Think in terms of drivers licenses, passports, work and student ids, medical insurance cards.
  • Insurance Polices: You'll need, not just homeowners insurance information, but you could lose your car to the fire, or could be injured. So any medical insurance information you have on hand may come in handy.
  • Financial Papers: Deeds, mortgages, savings, checking and credit card numbers. Remember to have a list of brokerage accounts including your 401k.

  • The most important paper – Money: You are going to need to rent hotel rooms, buy groceries and the like.

    It is way easier to do this stuff in advance, make lists and copies, and leave them not in your home, say at your workplace or a family member's house.

           Today's latest headlines | ABC7 News on your phone
    Follow us on Twitter | Fan us on Facebook | Get our free widget

  • Copyright © 2024 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.