SNAPPER WITH SONOMA SPICE AND SEED CRUST AND VERJUICE HERB SAUCE
- Tomato olive salsa
- 1/2 cup Ripe tomato, diced
- 2 each Spring onion, diced
- 6 each Ceragnola olives, diced
- 1 each Chili, minced
- To taste Sea salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup Maggie Beer Verjuice
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 each Snapper filets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Corn flour
- 1 each Egg
- 1 cup Sonoma Spice and Seed Duhka
- To tasteSalt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Fresh herb sauce
- 1 cup Da vero olive oil
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maggie Beer Verjuice
1. Combine all ingredients for the salsa and set aside.
2. Dust the snapper with corn flour, then dredge in the egg, followed by the spice coating
3. Heat the olive oil in pan and gently shallow fry the snapper on each side. Remove from heat once cooked.
4. For the fresh herb sauce, combine the herbs and the olive oil, salt and sugar in a food processor.
5. Add the Verjuice to finish sauce.
6. Place some sauce on the plate, add fish and top with salsa
Serves 2 - leftover sauce can be used as a pasta sauce, or even as a dipping sauce for bread.
"SOUTH AUSTRALIA COMES TO AMERICA"
Inspired by a food and wine adventure down under, lark creek restaurant group brings a taste of south australia to the states September 1st -30th
From South Australia's famed Barossa Valley, known for its Big Red, the illustrious Australian Shiraz, to the idyllic culinary hub of Kangaroo Island, the Lark Creek Restaurant Group explored the land "down under" this past spring, gathering recipes, wines and ideas along the way to showcase in a month-long promotion, together with the South Australia Tourism Commission.
Throughout the month of September, the Group will share their findings with guests through the "South Australia Comes to America" promotion, featuring South Australian-inspired menus, hand-selected wines from the region, special events and gourmet retail offerings at each Bay Area restaurant*. In addition, through a partnership with Down Under Answers (DUA) travel wholesaler, guests will have the opportunity to win a six night/seven day trip for two to South Australia, including airfare, accommodations and guided tours**. DUA can also assist guests to tailor make their own South Australia vacation experience.
For a full schedule of menus, please visit www.larkcreek.com/southoz.