Ken Slayton, 63, says he dated Dugard's mother for about a month in 1979 when she became pregnant.
He says he only learned Dugard's mother had a child through friends. Now that Jaycee has been found alive, he says he wants to be a part of her life.
"We understand that Jaycee and the girls have suffered greatly and may need time before we are reunited, however we are reaching out now and hoping see hear's us so we can take the first step to confirm she is my daughter," said Slayton.
Slayton says he's willing to take a paternity test. He has enlisted the legal help of attorney Gloria Allred.
- PHOTOS: Inside the Garrido home
- PHOTOS: Jaycee Dugard case
- RAW VIDEO: Witness talks about Michaela Garecht kidnapping
- Garrido's 1976 Reno rape police report (88 pages)
- Phillip Garrido's criminal history timeline (2 pages)
- LINK: FBI podcast about solving Dugard's case
- PHOTOS: Jaycee Lee Dugard's daughters
- RAW VIDEO: UC Berkeley press conference
- RAW VIDEO: Garridos in court
- AUDIO: Phillip Garrido Jailhouse interview
- RAW VIDEO: Contra Costa Co. Sheriff's Dept. press conference
- RAW VIDEO: El Dorado County press conference
- RAW VIDEO: Dept. of Corrections press conference
- ABC7 EXTRA: Reaction from Dugard's stepfather
- Massive search at Garrido home ends
- Investigators dig for clues at Phillip Garrido's property
- Cadaver dogs point to spot on Garrido property
- Sole witness recalls Michaela Garecht kidnapping 20 years later
- Garrido home searched in separate high-profile abductions
- Jaycee's aunt: "We laughed and cried together"
- Police believe Garrido kidnapped girl in 1972
- Old police records foreshadow kidnappings
- Garrido's 1976 rape victim talks to GMA
- Abduction invokes saga of Elizabeth Smart
- 29 charges filed against kidnapping suspects
- Garrido's father: "He's absolutely out of his mind"
- UC Berkeley police broke Dugard case
- Tahoe girl kidnapped in 1991 found alive