- 1 1/2 lbs. Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp. Fresh Thyme
- 6 to 8 Cups Vegetable or Sunflower Oil
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Dried White Bread Crumbs
- 2 Large Eggs
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Cut the Zucchini into 3-inch lengths and then cut these into wedges about 1/3 inch wide. Cut the wedges the same size so they will cook evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, and thyme. And the zucchini wedges and toss well. Let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Fill a deep, heavy pot at least one-third full with oil and heat to 350 degrees. Spread the flour and bread crumbs on separate plates. Beat the eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- Drain the fries of excess marinade and scatter them in the flour. Toss them until they are well coated, then shake off any excess flour. Dip them in egg, then roll them in the bread crumbs until they are evenly coated. Fry, in small batches, until deeply browned, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the fries on paper towels and season generously with salt. Scoop them into a bowl and serve immediately.
- Flavored peppers/jalapenos
- Peppered bacons
- Cinnamon Bacon
- Pickeled Veggies
- Fried Egg
Macy's Union Square, 6th Floor
251 Geary St, San Francisco
About Hubert Keller:
He is one of America's most acclaimed chefs and presides over a food empire with its award-winning restaurants, Fleur de Lys in San Francisco, and Las Vegas, Sleek Steakhouse and Ultra Lounge in St. Louis and Burger Bar in Las Vegas, St. Louis and now San Francisco.
About Burger Bar:
Hubert Keller brings his build-your-own burger concept to Macy's Union Square. Burger Bar will be open for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. Featuring a full bar with 24 beers on tap, a private dining room, extensive wine list (the restaurant has it's own wine cellar), an in-house butcher room where fresh meat is ground daily and a milkshake bar where diners can customize a shake to their liking. Diners can take in the grand views of San Francisco's historic Union Square, which provides the perfect backdrop for an incredible dining experience. The menu is extensive and offers something for every taste including; buffalo, kobe beef, salmon, and vegetarian options and much more! Additionally, there are numerous HD televisions at Burger Bar, even booths with your own TV, making it the perfect place to watch a game.
Learn more about Hubert Keller's restaurants: www.fleurdelyssf.com