Ahi tuna sliders:
- 8 oz. Ground Ahi
- 1 Orange (segmented and juiced)
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ Cup Garlic Chili Sauce (mae ploy)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onions or Chives
- ¼ Cup Wasabi Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cold Water
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Sour Cream or Crème Fraiche
- 1 Tbsp.Llemon Juice
- Use a sushi grade Ahi and have your butcher grind it for you. Make sure you inspect your tuna for ultimate freshness. Avoid tuna with the "rainbow affect" on the outside and the fish must be firm to the touch.
- Mix the tuna with the citric juice, onions and chili sauce. Peel the orange so there is no pith on it then cut out the segments with a paring knife, then squeeze the juice out of the orange and add to your mix.
- Season with salt and pepper. Using a 2 ounce scoop, portion the mix and sear it on a hot flat top with a little oil. Just sear for about 30 to 45 seconds on each side to insure you have a nice Medium rare.
- Mix the wasabi powder with the water a little at a time until you have a stiff paste. Add the sour cream, mayo and lemon juice to the wasabi and whisk until smooth. Spoon into a squeeze bottle.
- Use a small hamburger or dinner roll. Put a little Arugula or bitter lettuce on the bottom of the bun. Squeeze a little wasabi cream on top and add your tuna patty then top it with the bun and put a nice tooth pick to hold it together.
- Try serving it with an Asian cole slaw or fries.
Looking for a vacation home that's located in a year-round resort community with year-round private club amenities, and to top it off, one that's completely furnished with $150,000 plus in interior decor? Look no further.
Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation (TMRF), located in Truckee, Calif., is raffling a $1.4 million home in the Village at Northstar at Lake Tahoe, or you can take the cash, $100,000,000.
The grand prize drawing will take place Feb. 14, 2010 and early bird drawings will be on Dec. 10 and Jan. 2, 2010.
Proceeds from the raffle help the non-profit TMRF enrich the quality of life in Truckee/North Lake Tahoe by giving back to various charitable organizations in the community along with annually awarding college scholarships.
Tickets are $100 and can be purchased by calling 877-308-TMRF (8673), or by mailing an entry form available at www.laketahoeraffle.com to Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation:
PO Box 2426
Truckee, CA 96160
Entry forms can also be faxed to 877-309-TMRF(8673). Checks should be made payable to TMR Foundation. American Express, Visa, MasterCard and money orders are also accepted.
Private tours are available upon request.