Cioppino Monterey Style Grilled Artichokes, Mini Cheese Ravioli
Yield: 8 Servings
- ½ each red onion Diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ each fennel diced
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 2 each paquillo peppers
- pinch chili Flakes
- 1 cup artichokes grilled
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 12 oz can fire roasted tomatoes diced
- 1 each orange zest only
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup Monterey Chardonnay
- 3 cup clam juice
- ¼ cup Pernod
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb seafood assortment (Ling Cod, swordfish, Pacific Halibut)
- 1 lb clams
- 1 lb mussels
- ½ lb Monterey Bay calamari
- ½ lb Dungeness crab meat
- 1 lb cheese ravioli
- In a medium saucepot add the olive oil and slowly cook the onions, fennel, garlic, thyme, chili flakes and peppers with out getting color on them.
- When onions are translucent add the tomato paste, orange zest and artichokes. Deglaze with the wine and reduce by half.
- Next add the clam juice, tomatoes and saffron and let stew on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then when you are ready to serve sauté the fish and shellfish and add to the pot and finish with a splash off Pernod, butter and the precooked cheese ravioli and Enjoy with a glass of Monterey County Wine.
750 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940
The C Restaurant at InterContinental The Clement Monterey:
The C Restaurant is located at InterContinental The Clement Monterey next door to the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium.
The C features dishes made with fresh seafood, premium meats and organically grown local produce in a beautiful setting overlooking the Monterey Bay. Executive Chef Jerry Regester proudly meets the standards of Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program.
For more information and reservations at call 831-375-4800.
About Executive Chef Jerry Regester:
Jerry Regester serves as executive chef at The C Restaurant, the exciting new fine-dining restaurant at the new InterContinental The Clement Monterey.
Regester oversees the entire kitchen operation and, as a hands-on executive chef, works alongside his team in the preparation of every dish. Regester's inspiration derives from the abundance of fresh ingredients provided by local purveyors as well as from the bounty of seafood available off the spectacular Pacific Coast which The C Restaurant overlooks.
The C Restaurant's menu of fresh, seasonal cuisine includes many of the seafood dishes that have become Regester's signature offerings during his stellar culinary career.
Regester joins The C Restaurant following his tenure as executive chef at The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards, where he was responsible for the restaurant, catering operations and The Grill at Wente Vineyards.
Regester also recently served as executive chef of the First Annual Pebble Beach Food and Wine event, planning, organizing, and managing logistics for more than 50 of the country's top chefs throughout the four-day event at the famed Pebble Beach resort.
Regester began his career under acclaimed Chef Jeff Buben at Washington, D.C.'s Occidental Restaurant. He followed his passion for food and wine to California's Napa Valley to work at Domaine Chandon as sous chef under Executive Chef Philip Jeanty.
In 1995, Regester relocated to Carmel, California, where he was named chef de cuisine at the Pacific's Edge restaurant at The Highlands Inn. Regester was then offered the position of executive sous chef at The Lodge at Pebble Beach and spent three years as chef de cuisine at Stillwater Bar and Grill, where he completely revamped the restaurant's menu to focus on sustainable seafood, local ingredients and a seasonally changing menu.