Personalized Gift Basket:
- Canvas Tote, $15: http://www.uppercasegallery.ca
- Stencil with white rub-on transfers can be found at your local craft store.
- Colorful Pencils, $9 for 12: http://explicitlyyourspencils.com
- Personalized Notepad, $32: http://lindaandharriett.com
- Etching Cream available at your local crafts store.
- Glasses, $2.50 each: http://www.pier1.com
- Hot-Cocoa Mix, $18 for 12 oz.: http://www.recchiuti.com
- Ultimate Book of Card Games, $20: http://www.amazon.com
Do-it-yourself Body Scrub:
- ½ Cup Epsom Salts
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Sunflower Oil
- Mix together and put in glass jar with a secure lid.
She's a Sunset home writer, recently upgraded from a 168 square-foot studio to a San Francisco apartment she considers a mansion because (a) it has a living room and (b) that living room fits a full-sized couch. When she's not daydreaming about having a backyard or, let's be honest, even a teeny balcony, you can find her scoping home decor shops near and far (and in cyberspace) for what's hot and innovative, but timeless. She entertains co-workers with scouting trip adventure stories which include talking her way through a Golden Gate Bridge toll booth when she'd misplaced her wallet. Jess has also been known to serve as guinea pig for beginner Sunset garden stories and considers herself the target audience for die-hard houseplants. Always on the hunt for small-space-living miracles and unique home design, her current obsession is eco-friendly decor.
Sunset.com is the West's essential how-to guide to all the best things about the region: easy backyard living and gardening, unexpected day trips and destinations, fast and fresh foods, shockingly perfect wine pairings, and innovative home decorating and design.