Banana Pudding from SusieCakes
- 1/3 cup Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter (cold)
- Nila Wafers
- 1/4-inch thick Sliced Bananas
- Scald milk over moderate heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine egg yolks and granulated sugar, whisk for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Add cornstarch and salt and whisk to incorporate.
- Temper the egg mixture with the hot milk and then transfer back to moderate heat.
- Cook the pudding, stirring constantly until it reaches a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and unsalted butter.
- Immediately pour pudding through a strainer over a container to eliminate any lumps and press plastic wrap snugly against the surface. Refrigerate for several hours or preferable overnight.
- When ready to use, spoon out the desired amount of pudding into dessert cups, layer pudding, Nila wafers and bananas starting and ending with the pudding. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream. Store and serve chilled.
SusieCakes is an all-American, home-style bakery specializing in an array of sentimental dessert favorites. In-house bakers use the freshest and finest ingredients to create classic treats made from scratch.
SusieCakes Founder and Owner Susan Sarich provides customers with a friendly, neighborhood experience. The retro-chic bakery features a variety of iconic Americana desserts including Susie's specialty layer cakes in flavors like Southern red velvet and old-fashioned 6-layer chocolate cake, Susie's signature frosting filled cupcakes, house made puddings, seasonal pies and Traditional Cookies and Bars such as Whoopie Pies and Frosted Sugar Cookies.
310 Bon Air Center
Greenbrae, CA 94904
Phone: (415) 461-2253
Become a fan on Facebook