Items to bring as hostess gifts:
- High end olive oils and artisan salts and cheeses. You don't have to go to the Ferry Building or an fancy stores for this (although that would be fun to do). Most grocery stores have gourmet sections. Trader Joe's has everything
- A basket of lemons and limes from your yard.
- Bring a dish-offer to bring something like salad, bread, dessert or booze. You don't want to interfere with the hostess' menu, so opt for something "neutral."
- High end soaps. Hostesses like to have fancy soaps for her guests to use.
- Chinese takeout containers. These are great for dinner parties. The hostess loves to divvy out the food, but fears she'll never get her dishes back. You'll be the savior at the end of the party. You can buy them at the party store, or you can get them SUPER CHEAP in bulk at Paper Mart.
- Wrap kitchen tools and a cookbook in a tea towel. Crabtree & Evelyn have some great ones.
Saturday, May 8
12 p.m.-3 p.m.
>> Buy this book on Amazon: Life's Too Short to Fold Fitted Sheets
Nathan & Co.
4025 Piedmont Ave.
Oakland, CA 94611.
Phone: (510) 428-9638